The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to all companies and firms that are established in Malaysia, requires Heineken Malaysia Berhad (formerly Guinness Anchor Berhad) / Heineken Marketing Malaysia Sdn Bhd (formerly Guinness Anchor Marketing Sdn Bhd) to inform you of your rights in respect of your personal data that is being processed or that is to be collected and further processed by us and the purposes for the data processing. For the purpose of this written notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning prescribed in the Act.
This written notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by us or on our behalf.
The personal data processed by us may include the information you have provided to HEINEKEN Malaysia and/or that HEINEKEN Malaysia has or had requested from you in any HEINEKEN Malaysia forms or through the Site that you are required to complete, as well as any other information HEINEKEN Malaysia has or may obtain about you through any oral or written communications. If you fail to supply to us the personal data, we may not be able to process and/or disclose your personal data for any of the Purposes described below.
- We are processing and/or disclosing your personal data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide, for the following purposes:
- assessing your application or request;
- to communicate with you;
- to provide services to you;
- respond to your inquiries;
- conduct internal activities;
- administer your participation in contests;
- market surveys and trend analysis;
- to provide you with information on our products and services and our related corporations;
- to provide you with information of the products and services of our business partners;
- other legitimate business activities of HEINEKEN Malaysia;
- such other purposes as set out in the HEINEKEN Malaysia Website Terms and Conditions of Use; and/or
- if relevant, such other purposes as set out in the General Terms and Conditions and, if applicable, Campaign Terms and Conditions; and
- such other purposes as set out in terms accompanying the notice; and/or hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Purposes”.
4.2 We primarily use information from cookies for the following purposes:
- Traffic monitoring, e.g., the IP address from which you access the Site, the type of browser and operating system used to access the Site, the date and time of your access to the Site, the pages you visit, and the Internet address of the website from which you accessed the Site;
- To register you in programs and to recognize your website preferences;
- To recognize repeat visitors for statistical / analytical purposes;
- Anonymous tracking of interaction with online advertising, e.g., to monitor the number of times that a banner ad is displayed and the number of times it is clicked; and/or
- To compile and report to third parties aggregate statistics about our users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns and related site information.
4.3 We may also use clear gifs (also known as web bugs or web beacons), which are tiny graphics embedded in web pages and email messages that we use, in connection with cookies, to process non-personal data from users to analyse site usage, manage content on the site, track visits to other related sites, and track the performance of online advertising. We may also connect the information that we process through cookies and clear gifs with other personal data that you provide to us in order to:
- Customize or personalize your experience of the Site; for example, so that we can greet you on the Site by name;
- Conduct transactions; and
- Monitor your use of our website(s) in order to make our communications to you as relevant as possible and for other marketing and advertising research purposes.
Your personal data was collected from the information you have provided us from the Site. Your personal data may be disclosed to our related corporations, agencies, partners and our service providers.
You may access and request for correction of your personal data, to limit the processing of your personal data, or to contact us with any enquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data as follows:
Sungei Way Brewery
Lot 1135, Batu 9,
Jalan Klang Lama,
PO Box 144,
46710, Petaling Jaya
We may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your personal data under the Act and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and reason for our refusal.
If you subsequently withdraw your consent to process your personal data (other than for purposes of direct marketing), we will not be able to process your personal data for all of the above Purposes.
You are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide us is accurate, complete, and not misleading and that such information is kept up to date.
We may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose personal data is provided by you to us and you agree to use your best endeavours to do so.
Your personal data may be transferred to a place outside Malaysia.
You hereby consent to the processing and disclosure of your personal data in accordance with all of the foregoing.